Here’s the quick update on my move to Denver. So far, it’s been pretty eventful. I’m getting to know LoDo at my AirBnB at Brooks Tower – the tallest building in Denver (in 1968). This area is in walking distance to museums, theaters, restaurants, and parks. It’s a management city, which is new to me after NY and LA.
I admit. I miss Brooklyn. I miss the density of people, the uniqueness of all the stores (Mayo shops, ha), and spontaneity the city has. And I’d admit I miss the bike path off Venice Beach in California. Nothing beats a commute to work via skateboard.
However, I’m finding pieces of it everywhere in Denver and Boulder.
- Sie Film Center – Attended the premiere of film about the life of the makers of Star Wars toys in the early 1980s.
- Pirates’ Cove Waterpark. Spectacular.
- REI (Starbucks) its a good one
- Eldorado Springs – amazing hikes and views. Great water.
- Denver Mart Drive-In , saw Finding Dory.
At this point we are a few months away from moving to Stapleton, home is not complete yet but getting there. Its nice to have the dust settling a bit, but I look forward to autumn when we can truly unpack. 😉